Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Time Has Finally Come

I can hardy believe it, but in 3 days I will be leaving Chicago and heading to Hong Kong for the biggest tournament of my baseball career . . . the 2009 Phoenix Cup! After training 6-days a week indoors for the past 4-months straight, I NEED to get outdoors and play a real game!

I'll spend 3 days in San Francisco, where the weather is similar to Hong Kong, for one last training bout, then meet my team, The North American Liberty Belles, in Hong Kong. I'm really excited to meet many of these gals for the first time, and sharing time with them on the diamond.

I want to thank all my supporters and sponsors for helping make this dream a reality. My goal was to raise $3,000, and I came awfully close. I raised a total of $2,200 which means I won't have to take out that loan!

Thanks to Line Drive Baseball Academy I feel more prepared for this tournament than I have for any other. I've been working hard to fix some flaws in my pitching mechanics. It was frustrating at times, with a lot of ups and downs, but I finally feel confident with where I'm at and better than ever!

I'll be posting game results and cool pics on this blog while I'm in Hong Kong, so stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. So tell me Jenn ... where do you still have flaws? LOL! Never thought I could use the internet as a scouting tool for our opposition!!!

    High inside? curve balls?

    See you in a few days!! We are coming out of 44 degree celsius to go to Hong Kong winter. Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Better be careful what I say! Hong Kong winter is like Chicago spring! It's been a brutal winter, many -28 degree celcius days, and that's not an exaggeration. I'm looking forward to basking in the Hong Kong sun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jen,
    Saw the latest post at Jimmy's place and wanted to drop by to give my personal congratulations and best wishes. Have a blast showing 'em the squiggly ball. . .BeesGal

    ReplyDelete