Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Men's Baseball!

On Thursday, I'll be playing in my first men's baseball tournament - the NABA Spring Training Experience - in Mesa, AZ. I'm stoked! Growing up, I played exclusively with guys, and I really miss it. Playing with women can be . . . challenging. Insecurities and drama tend to get in the way of good, old-fashioned baseball. I'll be on the Indians in the 18+ open division and will post game results daily.

In April, I start my first season with the 45+ River Bandits in the Chicago North MSBL (Men's Senior Baseball League). I'm not 45, but the league president recommended that women play in that division. Believe it or not, there are 2 other women on my team and 3 other women in the division! We were all first round draft picks and have been treated great by fellow league players. I think it'll be an awesome season!

No comments:

Post a Comment