Monday, March 23, 2009

Representing Women in Baseball: Getting Women's Baseball in the 2016 Olympics

The International Baseball Federation (IBAF) is flying me to Denver this week! I'll be representing women in baseball at the 2009 Sport Accord. Over 2,000 sport officials will be there including many International Olympic Committee members. I'll be meeting with IBAF president Dr. Harvey Schiller to talk about potentially including women's baseball in the IBAF's bid for baseball reinstatement. If you haven't seen it already, read this article: IBAF Considers Women's Baseball. It really got the ball rolling!

I'm so excited about this important opportunity. I've often talked about women's baseball making it into the Olympics, and now it may actually happen! There's so much momentum, now is the time to seize the moment and change the face of women's baseball!

3 comments:

  1. I wanna play! I played baseball til I was twelve and told that I had to play softball, granted, I LOVED playing softball, and played collegiately, and miss playing every day! Do you have information on continuing to play? I would love to get involved!

    Sarah
    sarahfromorient@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everybody deserves a chance to play baseball! Where do you live? There are women's leagues in many parts of the country, and many men's leagues welcome women too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great site love youre blogs ,please will you send me your link and i will send you mine
    all the best Terry.

    ReplyDelete